Friday, October 12, 2012

Music and it's impact (intro to music posts)

Now that the assignment for Ms. Cullen and Mr. Mayo is changed, I can make a music blog!

I love music. Even though it is a widely used expression, "music is my life" is accurate for me, to say the least. I write songs, I find inspiration in music of all genres and popularities. I find that most impactful music comes in forms of world and power pop singers who receive attention from international audiences. Impactful music can come in any different form, from a crossover hit that draws attention from wide ranges of audience, no matter what age or genre interests (this year's major crossover hit "Somebody That I Used To Know" is a great example) to songs that stand out because of lyrics (Lady Gaga's hit "Born This Way" comes to mind). Unfortunately, a lot of possibly inspirational and impactful songs such as 2012 songs "Spirit Indestructible" by Nelly Furtado and Ellie Goulding's "Anything Could Happen" or 2007 track "Many Moons" by Janelle MonĂ¡e (one of my personal favorites, ever) remain unrecognized and ignored by many listeners. Impactful music is defined differently based on the opinions of different people, but some songs are undeniably powerful to large populations of listeners and become hits regardless of genre. I will be weekly updating this blog on music.

--Joe A.

No comments:

Post a Comment